HOLDBAC™ Protective Cultures comprise strains of bacteria that have been specially selected and developed for their ability to control the growth of pathogenic and/or spoilage micro-organisms in fermented foods.
The bacteria used in HOLDBAC™ YM Protective Cultures have a specific inhibitory effect on yeasts and moulds and are designed for use in fresh fermented dairy products such as yogurt, sour cream, sour milk, fresh cheese and cottage cheese.
- Live cultures – isolated from food
- Unique properties – control unwanted microorganisms
- Negligible effect on product properties
- Fermentation process is required
- Both dairy-based and non-dairy (without dairy allergens)