Glucono Delta Lactone or GDL as it is popularly known as, is an organic compound which is widely used as an additive in food production. GDL is often used as a sequestrant, acidifier, preservative, leavening agent and for curing and pickling in food production.
Below are some examples of GDL’s use in commercial food applications:
- As a coagulant: In cheese to coagulate milk proteins
- As a preservative: In beverages and in milk products
- As a stabilizer and coagulant: In tofu, sausage, surimi
- As an acidifier: In sauces, dressings, pickles and other savory applications
- As a preservative: In seafood
- As a leavening agent: In baking powder to help in fermentation
- As a gelling agent: In tofu to curdle soy milk
FSL has secured an agency agreement with Suzhou Nutribute Biotechnology Co. Ltd. in China to offer this functional ingredient to our customers in the region. Suzhou Nutribute is one of the leading manufacturers and exporters of Nutrition Supplements, especially for Minerals (Gluconate). Their factories have more than 20 years production experience and can promise the most competitive prices while offering quality products and services.
FSL can now offer and deliver GDL to our customers from our local warehouses for all type of food applications.
Please contact us to learn more.